About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: Backend Developer, Full Stack Developer
Industry: Agile Software Development, Banking, Financial Technology
Company size: 501-1k people
Company type: Private
java, reactjs, spring, angular6, maven
The Job in short
Millions of people rely for their daily banking activities on the products we create here at Backbase, and we’d like you to join our team. The role of ADS Technical Lead is part of the Subject Matter Expert (SME) squad with the Customer Success (CS) Department at Backbase.
CS is a department of highly motivated specialists with the specific skills and experience required to make sure that the implementation of our product goes as smoothly as possible. Your team members must be able to think and react quickly to find a solution that works for everyone.
Meet the job
In your role as the Technical Lead - ADS, you will be leading a cross-functional team in the most extensive Backbase support service. You’re responsible for having an overall understanding of the Backbase product and its roadmap. You will use this knowledge to support multiple customers’ end-to-end implementations and building flagship banking solutions with Backbase. You need to fully understand the expectations and coordinate the team and work in an organized way, taking the lead in the collaboration with the client in finding solutions in cooperation with the ADS Manager.
Besides owning and solving the most critical issues yourself, you will be also mentoring the team in proactively finding the right solution for the customer implementation.
How about you
● You have a Bachelor, Masters-level or University degree, preferably business- or IT-related.
● You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Technical Lead in a client-facing position.
● You have a minimum of 7 years’ experience as a developer.
● You have experience with technical project teams and technical consultants such as developers and architects.
● You are experienced in Agile methodologies (agile/ both Scrum and KanBan) and tools such as Jira and Confluence.
● You have experience with complex problem-solving.
● You are organized, having strong consultancy, analytical and communications skills.
● You have excellent written and verbal skills in English.
● You are a proactive team player.
● You have experience within JAVA enterprise web application development.
● You have knowledge of the Java platform.
● You have a demonstrable understanding of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), as well as Micro-Services Architecture.
● You have knowledge of application servers (Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere) and integration technologies (Apache Camel, Spring Integration) and Spring Security.
● You have experience with CI/CD, REST, JSON, Maven, Npm.
● You are familiar with database applications such as Oracle, MySql, DB2, as well as with SQL, JDBC and ORM tools.
● Your knowledge of mobile and hybrid development with Android – iOS is considered a plus.