Data Warehouse EngineerCoolblue | Rotterdam, NL
About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Consumer Electronics, Information Technology, Retail
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Private
Job descriptionAs a Data Warehouse Engineer, you work with Business Analysts, Data Scientists and Data Engineers. You provide them with data, which they can use to build automated analytical solutions.
Pros and cons
You work as part of a scrum team.
You work in an environment where taking initiative is expected and appreciated.
You help to design solutions for complex problems, for example in collaborative whiteboarding sessions.
You investigate the needs of the consumers of our data products in order to improve our data analytics capabilities and support them with the overall solution.
You constantly have to play table tennis with your colleagues.
DescriptionYou start the day with the daily standup. One of your team members gives you the latest news how Apache Airflow executed the overnight processing. After the standup we do a refinement of one or two JIRA stories. At 10:00 you walk with your team lead through the center of Rotterdam for a bi-weekly talk.
At 11:00 you demonstrate with your team the accomplishments of the past sprint. You and your team achieved some great results on rebuilding a 4-hour stock process, that now completes in only 20 minutes, making a great difference in the timely availability of data. The stabilisation of the inflow of market share data really helped to improve the decision making of product category teams.
After team lunch in a nearby food shop, you sit with the team and the Product Owner to plan the upcoming sprint. In the afternoon you finish a story that pushes warehouse data to the cloud, so we can start rebuilding the margin on customer sales on Google's Dataflow.
- You have at least two years of programming experience, preferably in Python or a similar language.
- You are proficient in SQL to extract, transform and load data across data structures.
- You have experience with git or a similar version control system.
- You have experience with cloud deployment and CI tools.
- You have strong communication skills and can clearly explain technical issues to anyone within Coolblue.
- You are open and transparent, are able to give and receive feedback, and are able to adapt to the received feedback.
Included by default
- Over 30 training courses at our own Coolblue University.
- An awesome workplace. With freshly prepared meals, monthly TGIF drinks, epic Coolblue parties, and an informal, playful office space.
- 25 leave days. As long as you'll promise to come back.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- An office at the best possible location. It's only a short stumble away from Rotterdam Central Station. Or a 2-minute walk.
- Relocation assistance, from a to z (if you live abroad).
- Dutch language courses. To help you become a Rotterdammert.
- An international work environment. With colleagues from places like Belgium, Spain, Australia, Mexico, and Italy.