About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Industry: Consumer Electronics, Information Technology, Retail
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Private
Job descriptionYou support our Business Analysis and Data Science teams through your technical expertise and passion for data.
Pros and cons
- + You design and build data processing clusters
- + You pair on stories and defend our tech principles
- + You coach your colleagues and present demos
- + You analyse a LOT of data
- - We have so much data, it might make you dizzy
DescriptionAfter your morning Scrum standup, Cindy sends you a Pull Request to speed up the transfer of data from the ERP system using a new messaging system. You review it together and then merge the code. After that, you join Manuel, the Product Owner, who wants to discuss the requirements for the new process that will provide new insights about our customer Journey.
Just before lunch, you pass by Jingting, a data scientist who is working on a new Machine Learning algorithm which can forecast warehouse stock. You help her moving some data to BigQuery. You invite her to have lunch together with your team. On the way back, you share your concerns about the Google Adwords ingest process with Rafael. It's losing records, so you want to refactor some of the python code. You add a few automated tests, send the Pull Request to your teammate, Soumya, for review and at 16:30, the improvements are automatically deployed via our continuous integration pipeline. By 17:30, you're done for the day and, together with your team members, head to the bar for a drink.
- You have experience with software development and understand the disciplines of Business Intelligence
- You are familiar with databases, ETL and data processing frameworks like Spark, Dataflow & Dataproc.
- You have experience with Big Data on Google Cloud Platform.
- Agile and flexibility comes natural to you.
- You are familiar with continuous integration, logging and monitoring.
- You think about the process and implementation from end to end.
- You have experience with helping others improve their craftsmanship and technical skills.
- You're willing to relocate to the Netherlands. If you're not already here. :-)
Included by default
- 25 leave days. As long as you promise to come back.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- Relocation assistance, from A to Z (if you live abroad).
- With over 30 training courses in our own Coolblue University, you can become a little better every day.
- An international working environment. With colleagues from places like Belgium, Spain, Australia, Mexico, and Italy.
- Plenty of space for initiatives and original ideas. We welcome them. Whether you've been with us for a week, month, or year.
- A discount on our products.
- An office at the best possible location. It's only a short stumble away from Rotterdam Central Station. Or a 2-minute walk.
- Extraordinarily good work environment, including freshly made snacks, monthly drinks, lendandary Coolblue parties, awesome team activities, and an informal, playful department.