About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Lead
Industry: Consumer Electronics, Information Technology, Retail
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Private
Job descriptionYou lead a team, with your technical skills and passion for data, which builds data solutions for our Business Analysts, Data Science and many other teams.
Pros and cons
You build and manage a team which excels in data warehouse design and the creation of data pipelines.
Your technical expertise makes Coolblue smarter by assisting in data-driven decision making.
You and your team provide technical support to our Business Analysts, who turn the data you provide into actionable insights for all of Coolblue.
You coach team members in defining and achieving their personal goals.
You constantly have to play table tennis with your colleagues.
DescriptionAfter you get morning coffee with your team, its stand-up time. The hero of the day will update you from Apache Airflow on how the overnight processing performed, progress updates all round and quick refinement of some JIRA tickets. At 10:00, you have a bi-weekly sync with André, one of the team members. After that it's time for the team to make you proud as they demo the work you've done in the previous sprint. You and your team have achieved some great results on rebuilding a 4 hour stock process which now only takes 20 minutes and it's great to show the end result. In the afternoon, you sit with the team and the PO to plan the upcoming sprint. At the end of the afternoon you discuss the progress of the cloud migration with the cloud team and align with their PO on the priorities of the other stories in the epic. Just before you head home, you and the team gets together to decide on the clothing theme for the Coolblue party.
- You have multiple years of experience in (cloud-based) data warehousing.
- You have experience with Python (other modern programming languages may be considered)
- You have experience with deployment pipelines
- You understand how to effectively model data
- You have strong communication skills and can easily explain technical decisions to (non)-technical colleagues.
- You're experienced when it comes to improving your colleagues craftsmanship and technical skills.
- You're willing to investigate what users want and why.
- You inhale and exhale Scrum/Agile.
Included by default
- Over 30 training courses at our own Coolblue University.
- An awesome workplace. With freshly prepared meals, monthly TGIF drinks, epic Coolblue parties, and an informal, playful office space.
- 25 leave days. As long as you'll promise to come back.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- An office at the best possible location. It's only a short stumble away from Rotterdam Central Station. Or a 2-minute walk.
- Relocation assistance, from a to z (if you live abroad).
- Dutch language courses. To help you become a Rotterdammert.
- An international work environment. With colleagues from places like Belgium, Spain, Australia, Mexico, and Italy.