About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Lead
Role: Full Stack Developer
Industry: Consumer Electronics, Information Technology, Retail
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Private
Job descriptionAs Tech Lead, you make our customers smile by providing great software and building an effective team.
Pros and cons
- + You build and lead a team that excels at providing high-quality, cost-efficient software.
- + You support team members in defining their goals and how to achieve them.
- + You review code, promote the best practices, and maintain a high level of professionalism and a pragmatic culture.
- + You coach your team members and constantly provide feedback to help them become a little better every day.
- - You need to keep up with the latest news for the pubquiz.
DescriptionAfter grabbing a cup of coffee, the daily stand-up with your team starts. Julia enthusiastically mentions her latest work on the visual design of the new login page. You pair program with Jaimie on a story to actually log in via a social media account. After some puzzling and writing new code, you verify it's done and functionality is deployed to production. Whew, it's already time for lunch!
In the afternoon it's time for your 1:1 with Victoria. She wants to have a chat about things she'd like to improve upon. Together, you come up with some actions and you share your experiences on the value of pair programming and how it helped you as a developer. You immediately put it into practice by pair programming with her on her current story.
At the end of the day, it's time to unwind. You propose to shoot some pool with a few team members. Now, how to hit that eight ball—corner pocket?
- You have over 7 years of experience as a Web Developer.
- You have experience in coaching other developers on their technical and soft skills.
- You lead from the front. You guide by example, not just by words.
- You're capable of solving problems by using accepted best practices and principles like TDD/BDD, SOLID, and design patterns.
- Scrum/Agile comes naturally to you.
Included by default
- 25 leave days. As long as you promise to come back.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.
- Relocation assistance, from A to Z (if you live abroad).
- With over 30 training courses in our own Coolblue University, you can become a little better every day.
- An international working environment. With colleagues from places like Belgium, Spain, Australia, Mexico, and Italy.
- Room for new initiatives and ideas. We're always open to those. Doesn't matter if you've worked with us for a week, a month, or a year.
- A horizontal organisation in the broadest sense. You could just go and have a beer with the boss.
- A discount on all our products.
- A picture-perfect office at a great location. You could crawl to work from Rotterdam Central Station. Though we recommend just walking for 2 minutes.
- Extraordinarily good work environment, including freshly made snacks, monthly drinks, legendary Coolblue parties, awesome team activities