About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Industry: Banking, Financial Services, Financial Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
amazon-web-services, ansible, python, devops
The ideal candidates will be working on current technologies provided through Amazon Web Services and Kafka. A focus will be placed on your ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of programming languages such as Python, Java, Node.js (etc). Experience with infrastructure tools such as Ansible, and CI/CD pipelines are highly regarded. Also required is hands-on experience with AWS, particularly with a focus on configuring a secure environment.
In addition to your strong technical capability you will be a proven team player, independent thinker and have a collaborative attitude towards your work and colleagues.
Key Role Activities:
- Work in an agile environment, attending stand-ups, retros, planning, showcases and other agile meetings and ceremonies.
- Work closely with scrum masters, asset designers and data consulting team to determine platform requirements and priorities.
- Resolve technical barriers and roadblocks impacting delivery teams.
- Track delivery outcomes against key performance indicators and provide reporting to the Senior DevOps & Automation Consultant.
- Showcase work to stakeholders
Design & Build
- Design and develop the code and structure for CI/CD enabling infrastructure as code.
- Keep up-to-date with new tools and technologies relevant to the Service and proactively promote new tools and methodologies adoption
- Be a go to person for Developers and Service team members for troubleshooting.
- Collect logs and metrics, build dashboards and monitor using Splunk, AppDynamnics and other tools.
- Work on ECS, Kubernetes, Istio, Kong and serverless technologies.
- Automate using Ansible, Python, Bash, Puppet and Packer.
- Design and maintain the Cloud environments.
Skills and Experience
- Strong DevOps experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines using a tech stack of GIT, AWS, Spring Boot, Jenkins, Artifactory and Java
- Experience working with AWS, creating CloudFormation templates and end-to-end Instructure-as-code-automation.
- Any knowledge on Kubernetes and Kafka is highly beneficial
- Excellent knowledge of Ansible
- Experience with microservices deployment and container technologies like Docker
- Environment performance monitoring and reporting.
- Documenting practices, solutions, known issues, and common trouble shooting procedures.
- Ensure all systems, platforms and applications are compliant with and operating to relevant security and data protection standards
- Have -n-depth understanding of microservice architecture, API management and distributed systems concepts
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment.
- The ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as part of a team of engineers.
- Be confident and actively participate in team support by proposing and implementing solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent social and communication skills, “can do” attitude and excellent analytical skills.
- Providing technical assistance and support to other team members.
In return, our team creates an awesome environment for you to showcase your skills and passion.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
We want to hear from you. (You need to be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold an Australian permanent residency status to apply.)