About this job
Compensation: $50k - 100k
Location options: Visa sponsor
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Finance, Fintech, Information Technology
Company size: 501-1k people
Company type: Private
unix, linux, git, docker, sysadmin
The successful candidate will be supporting Unix/Linux servers for our entire Securities business (online retail and wholesale).
- Ensure the uptime and availability of the Unix infrastructure
- Monitor and ensure the safety and security of the Unix infrastructure
- Maintain and administer the systems in charge by the Unix team
- Provide assistance to other teams
- Provide off-hours support which may include nights or holidays, or remote support if required
- Project-based support for building and deployment and integration with the infrastructure
You will be working with our Unix team which consists of more than a dozen Linux experts. The team has:
- A multinational culture with aim in growing your knowledge and career with patience.
- Flexibility for the team members to choose which ticket/project to work on. The task list will be able to be fully arranged by each individual.
- Small and big tickets/projects which allows all team members to not focus on a specific task but rather to experiment with a lot of situations in parallel.
- Ability to learn a lot about bigger infrastructures with all members helping each other constantly.
- Many open source tools.
- Harmonious and active atmosphere.
- Good honest communication and leadership within the team.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related technical fields
- Experience and familiarity with Git or similar version control systems
- Competency or ability to quickly learn to support any of the Unix-like systems managed by the Unix team:
- RedHat/CentOS, Gitlab, Docker, Puppet, FreeIPA, DNS, oVirt, OpenStack, Network storage, Elasticsearch, Keepalived, HAProxy, Pacemake, Ubuntu
- Good foundation and knowledge of Linux Network Internals
- Experience working on Identity Management System (FreeIPA, Active Directory etc.)
- Flexible with occasional 24x7 support including holiday/weekends/night onsite or remote support if required
- Fluent Japanese with business level English as a plus. (Strong Japanese language is preferable)
Nice to have:
- Experience container infrastructures (Eg. Docker)
- Experience on Virtualization Management Platform (Openstack, Ovirt, etc.) or equivalent
- Experience and familiarity with Puppet and Ansible
- Experience with Bash, Python or Ruby scripting or any other programming languages
- Programming experience