About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: Frontend Developer
Industry: Digital Media, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 201–500 people
SPRING is responsible for over 60 products from more than 25 Brands and some of Europe's biggest news sites including BILD.de and WELT.de. Over 400 people at SPRING are working on an innovative media platform to make quality journalism accessible for everyone. We are providing a great user experience on both sides – for readers and journalists, connecting them with the newest technologies. Our goal is to enable more people than ever to make well-informed decisions as independent citizens.
We are innovators and it is essential for us to stay open minded and try new things every day. You are creative and passionate about your work? You want to be part of a team with a high social responsibility and where your work can make a difference? Then join us and shape the way how the world consumes media in the future!
You’ll be a member of a cross-functional team working on new features to increase reach and monetarization of our editorial content. You’ll also help to take care of housekeeping practices like adding tests, refactoring modules or improving automation to keep our development speed high. We encourage the concept of the best tool for the job.
Convince your team members of your favorite tool or framework based on facts and be the leading role to lift everybody to a common level.
We love clean code, fast rendering web-sites and smooth operations!
- We mostly program in TypeScript and Scala with Play2 framework, but using the best tool that solves the problem is what counts.
- We live continuous deployment and are responsible for running our software on AWS making sure welt.de is available 24/7. Thus, we prefer using managed services whenever possible.
- We believe in the benefits of a service-oriented architecture and full automation of our infrastructure.
- We give our teams as much autonomy and trust as possible to achieve their business goals.
- While our official company language is German, we do have people on the teams from various countries switching back and forth between German and English and we also support with German classes.
We’re looking for pragmatic developers who are comfortable writing new code and tests for our existing codebases of WeLT.de and amp.WeLT.de. You understand the importance of frontend web performance and server-side-rendering and you like to take responsibility for what you build all the way from localhost through monitoring and supporting the systems in production. We want to work with people creating positive, constructive conversations using objective statements and data, and who like to share knowledge and learn from their teammates. If this sounds like you, we welcome you to apply!
- Familiarity with ES2016+ and CSS
- Automated dev-workflows (templating, testing, linting, bundling)
- Writing well tested and reusable code
- Experience with responsive web design
As a plus, but not required
- Experience in performance driven frontend development
- Experience with TypeScript, SCSS
- Familiarity with Node.js, Play2/Scala