About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead, Manager
Role: Backend Developer
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
java, spring, kotlin, amazon-web-services, restful-architecture
In our Buying Article Management team you will be responsible for building the systems that allow us to buy more than 600.000 articles per year and therefore spend an approximate 2-3bn. EUR per year. This system will guarantee that the whole sales chain is covered, from aggregating all the information from our suppliers for every single article to providing those articles to our shop facing systems. Your systems will ensure that all products are available at the right time and place in our shop.
For more information about Retail Operations Business Unit, please visit this introductory page: http://tinyurl.com/y6j5h5lo
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You and your team will take ownership for the whole development cycle - from architecture design to implementation and testing as well as maintenance.
- You will collaborate with backend, frontend and fullstack engineers, UX designers, product management and other teams to grow our business and provide the best experience for our customers.
- You deliver high-quality software that tackles the business problem at hand efficiently and that your peers can easily understand and maintain because of its high-quality.
- Knowledge of the most of the components of our current tech stack consisting of Java, Scala, GO, AWS, Tomcat, Swagger, Spring, Docker, Postgres, NoSQL, React, Angular, Maven, GIT, Jenkins. While we work mainly with Java or Kotlin, a versatile colleague would fit right in.
- Significant experience in building distributed systems and a degree in computer science or related discipline
- You share knowledge and learn from your peers. Being collaborative and have a learning mindset is highly appreciated in our teams.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years of professional experience (in a commercial, agile setting) in Java and/or Kotlin and relevant frameworks like Spring or Play.
- Previous leadership experience would be a great advantage but not a must
- Hands on experience in system architecture and RESTful API design, as well as building microservice-based systems, preferably in the cloud (eg. AWS, Kubernetes).
- As our systems are tailored for our Suppliers, Buyers and Finance department, experience with business systems such as ERP, PIM or Supply Chain Management is highly advantageous (but not a must)
- Effective communication and finding creative solutions to complex problems together with an interest in making a real impact through your work.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, commitment, meetups, 100+ internal guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, training platform and training budget, free language courses (English / German), pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from our catalogue, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and access to an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
- We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
At Retail Operations, we provide the technological backbone that drives our core retail business on the supplier-facing side. We build state-of-the art B2B & enterprise systems that connect Zalando seamlessly with our suppliers - from onboarding product catalogues to creating the best online multimedia content, and from aligning purchase quantities to scheduling deliveries into our warehouses. To our 2000+ suppliers, we offer easy ways to integrate and collaborate with Zalando - through our supplier portal, standard EDI and web-based REST APIs. To our 1000+ internal users we offer highly automated processes that allow them to focus on everything machines cannot do on their own. To do this, we build state-of-the systems using a variety of technologies, such as HTML/JS, Java, Scala, Kotlin and Python - all as cloud-based microservices.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form and submitted in English - we do not accept applications via e-mail.